Current:Home > MarketsTradeEdge-Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -Infinite Edge Capital
TradeEdge-Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
NovaQuant Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 14:48:47
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party,TradeEdge which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (162)
Related
- Average rate on 30
- Shaun White Reveals How He and Fiancée Nina Dobrev Overcome Struggles in Their Relationship
- US wholesale inflation picks up slightly in sign that some price pressures remain elevated
- 'Treacherous conditions' in NYC: Firefighters battling record number of brush fires
- 'As foretold in the prophecy': Elon Musk and internet react as Tesla stock hits $420 all
- Today Reveals Hoda Kotb's Replacement
- Tropical Storm Sara threatens to bring flash floods and mudslides to Central America
- Bridgerton's Luke Newton Details His Physical Transformation for Season 3's Leading Role
- How to watch new prequel series 'Dexter: Original Sin': Premiere date, cast, streaming
- Bridgerton's Luke Newton Details His Physical Transformation for Season 3's Leading Role
Ranking
- Taylor Swift Eras Archive site launches on singer's 35th birthday. What is it?
- Mason Bates’ Met-bound opera ‘Kavalier & Clay’ based on Michael Chabon novel premieres in Indiana
- Mike Tyson employs two trainers who 'work like a dream team' as Jake Paul fight nears
- Stop What You're Doing—Moo Deng Just Dropped Her First Single
- Apple iOS 18.2: What to know about top features, including Genmoji, AI updates
- Will Aaron Rodgers retire? Jets QB tells reporters he plans to play in 2025
- Olympic champion Lindsey Vonn is ending her retirement at age 40 to make a skiing comeback
- Olympic Skier Lindsey Vonn Coming Out of Retirement at 40
Recommendation
$73.5M beach replenishment project starts in January at Jersey Shore
Today's Craig Melvin Replacing Hoda Kotb: Everything to Know About the Beloved Anchor
Cruel Intentions' Brooke Lena Johnson Teases the Biggest Differences Between the Show and the 1999 Film
Joan says 'Yes!' to 'Golden Bachelorette' finale fantasy beach proposal. Who did she pick?
In ‘Nickel Boys,’ striving for a new way to see
Martin Scorsese on faith in filmmaking, ‘The Saints’ and what his next movie might be
Craig Melvin replacing Hoda Kotb as 'Today' show co-anchor with Savannah Guthrie
Justice Department says jail conditions in Georgia’s Fulton County violate detainee rights